The Smithers Mountain Bike Association (SMBA) is a registered non-profit society that has been incorporated to serve the interests and needs of the mountain bike community in Smithers.
The purpose of the Smithers Mountain Bike Association is to:
- a) Encourage participation in mountain biking to people of all ages and abilities;
- b) Promote responsible mountain biking practices;
- c) Participate in the planning process for and the management of recreational lands as it relates to mountain bike access and use;
- d) Organize volunteers to aid in restoration, development, and maintenance of legitimate mountain bike trail systems; and
- e) Educate riders on:
- (i) mountain bike safety
- (ii) mountain bike practices that minimize user conflicts, trail damage and ecological impact, and
- (iii) mountain bike trail planning, building and maintenance
2017 Annual Membership Fees:
$35 per year for adults and $25 per year for youth.
Family memberships are available at $110/ per family. A Family includes 2 Adults and 2 or more Children.
Your membership gets you:
- - A pair of lucky SMBA Socks;
- - 10% discount off any food item at the Riverhouse Restaurant & Lounge (Aspen);
- - 10% discount on all tire purchases and all bike armour at McBike & Sport;
- - Will help cover insurance and administrative expenses;
- - But most importantly, your membership demonstrates your commitment to ensuring mountain biking remains a permanent part of the Bulkley Valley landscape and culture.
You can become a member either online or by picking up a membership form at McBike & Sport.